- 18 years experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Word
- 4 years experience with Adobe AfterEffects, Premiere
- 4 years 2D animation
- 2 years 3D animation
- 2 years basic understanding of 3D programs (3DS Max)
- Moderate skill and experience with HTML, beginner's CSS, web design, Flash
- able to function in a teamwork environment, but also able to work unsupervised
- self-initiative, positive attitude, very focused, skilled student, eager to learn
- Various (2001-present) freelance artist
- 10 years of logo and graphic design, web design and maintenance, packaging design, book covers, private commissions. Assisted project management, management of freelance employees.
- Atomic Cartoons (July 2017-present) designer
- Created custom textures and props in Photoshop for Mattel's MINECRAFT Mini-Series on Youtube, also designed and created sets within the Minecraft gameworld and World Painter for export via Mineways, for the use of storyboarders and modellers. Currently working prop design for a yet undisclosed project for PBS.
- Titmouse, Inc. (2014-2017) digital artist
- Painted and adjusted pre-made background layouts in Photoshop for various animated productions, including Dreamworks' TURBO F.A.S.T. and Home for Netflix, and Disney's FUTUREWORM! for the Disney XD channel.
- Bardel Entertainment (2014-2015) digital artist
- Painted and adjusted pre-made background layouts in Photoshop for various animated productions, including Dreamworks' The Croods and Disney's Jake and the Neverland Pirates, both for Netflix.
- Avenida Art Gallery (2013-2014) assistant framer
- Assistance in designing mat and frame options for custom framing orders, general contemporary art knowledge, heavy lifting. (Calgary)
- Rocketfuel Games (2012) contract artist
- Designed and created in-game prop images for game environments, designed, created and animated game characters using Photoshop. All props, game assets, and characters were produced for mobile apps and web games, including Syncrude's Trail Blazer and Acto's Energy Theatre. (Edmonton)
- Ph03nix New Media (2008-2011) production artist
- Designed the game user interface (GUI) and created the graphics for that, designed and created in-game prop images for game environments, designed and created game assets such as buttons, loading bars, cursors, menus, and special effects particle graphics for programmers, designed, created and animated game characters using Photoshop. All GUI, props, game assets, and characters were produced for iPhone and iPad apps, Facebook social games, and PC/Mac casual games. I was also responsible for the company’s website design, and I have some experience with editing XML code, as well as creating and applying texture maps to existing 3D models in Maya. 10+ published titles. (Calgary)
- The CRN Group (2008) bindery production technician
- Operating heavy machinery, cutting, coil-binding, collating, stapling, docupunch, drilling, operating and maintaining the IGen3 mass-production colour printer, digital colour correction.
- Ricky's All-Day Grill (2008) waitress
- Handled money, provided courteous customer service, poured drinks, served hot food, and assisted the kitchen and cleanup duties.
- Arcana Studios (2003) freelance colourist
- Digital colours for issues #4 and 5 of 100 Girls series.
- Dreamwave Productions (2003) freelance colourist
- Digital colours for issues #1, 2, 6 and #7 of the More Than Meets The Eye Transformers Profiles series.
- Attended the Emily Carr Institute of Art and Design, pursued a degree in Animation, 2001-2004.
- Graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the Developmental Art program at the University of Calgary, 2008.
back to top